Browsing the medical internet.
MEDICAL INFORMATION ON THE INTERNET
If you use the Internet for medical information:
• Always look for a balanced view - not just one site.
• Remember that anyone can publish anything on the Internet.
• Make sure the authors and their qualifications are listed.
• Look at what other reliable information the site refers to.
• Check that the site is regularly updated.
• Look for advertising which might influence the information on the site.
• Avoid online consultations or diagnoses.
• Check on privacy and confidentiality.
• Sites from outside Canada may mention treatments that are not available here.